Welcome, spiritual travelers! If that description fits you, please consider visiting the PBUUC Spirituality Circle, which meets twice monthly during Enrichment Hour, which follows the Sunday worship service. (The schedule may change due to holidays, inclement weather and summer vacation.)
Participants in the Spirituality Circle are an intimate group of seekers who confidentially share their paths and ideas with each other as they explore their spirituality using experiential techniques and/or discussion. Sometimes regular Circle attendees lead the session, and sometimes outside guest speakers visit.
The Spirituality Circle has been meeting for nearly a decade and has covered a wide range of subjects, drawing from spiritual traditions and practices from all over the world. Here is just a sampling:
- How to create our own mantras
- Shamanic journeying for wisdom, vision and healing
- Music and spirituality
- The mindfulness meditation process
- Casting out our regrets in a UU version of the Jewish Taschlich ritual
- Yoga and laughter therapy
- The spirituality of the democratic process and egalitarian decision-making
- The interpretation of dreams
- What if intimacy could grow from anger?
You don't have to attend every meeting, but you may find that you will want to do so, as you deepen your connections to other members of the Paint Branch community through these explorations of spiritual pathways. Newcomers are always welcome to visit.